Mr. Kevin Xu has been practicing in the legal field in China for over 15 years since the beginning of his career in the area of Intellectual Property. Kevin has been working at one of the leading Chinese IP firms, since his graduation, and has kept focus on mainly in the field of intellectual property rights.
Kevin has handled thousands of cases, covering but not limited to the area of IP rights acquisitions (trademark, copyright, patents and domain names, etc.), the cross-board IP rights acquisitions and protection, non-litigation dispute cases through administrative approaches and negotiations, administrative litigations on IP rights ownership, civil litigations for trademark infringement and copyright infringement, multinational IPR licensing and assignment transactions, administrative and criminal enforcement against IP infringement and counterfeiting, domain name disputes, anti-unfair competition, and compliance on products label and advertising materials.
To build up the IP Protection System on behalf of the clients, and with the profound knowledge and experience, Kevin has helped brand owners to successfully secure the Well-known Trademark Status Recognition both through the judicial system and the administrative procedures. Many cases handled by Kevin have been awarded “Best Practice” or “Typical Case” by the Supreme People’s Court.
In addition to keeping cooperating with the MNC and listed companies in various industries, Kevin provides complete legal services for startup companies and e-commercial companies in China. Kevin is also good at the examination of contracts and has handled some cases in regards to contract and labor disputes, commercial defamation, the protection of consumer’s interests and the foreign investment project. Kevin also has been working on behalf of some companies to propose IP protection strategy in related to the fields of NFT and Metaverse.
Kevin Xu has published some articles with regard to IP protection on some famous magazines and newspapers both in China and abroad. Now Kevin is appointed by ECUPL as the instructor of social practice.
2015 – Current: HongFangLaw, Partner
2008 – 2015: HFG Law & IP Practice
East China University of Political Science and Law, Master (IP Law)
East China University of Political Science and Law, Bachelor (International Economic Law)
Beijing Normal University, Undergraduate (Psychology)
EXCELLENT CASE PRACTICE
- TOP 50 IP Cases by Supreme People’s Court in 2012
- TOP 10 IPR Cases in Qingdao City by Qingdao High People’s Court in 2012
- Typical case by Meizhou Intermediate People’s Court in 2013
- TOP 10 IP Cases by Guangdong Provincial High Court in 2020
- TOP 50 IP Cases by Supreme People’s Court in 2020
- TOP 10 IP Cases by China General Customs Administration in 2020
- Can voluntary administrative action be deemed as a clear notice of infringement in a non-infringement declaration lawsuit,Kevin Xu,Karen Hao[Eng]
- “Protection principles and recommendations on the right of personal name registration in China”.Kevin Xu,Mandy Wang[Eng]
- “Rules of Usage and Protection for Domain Name” – <China Business Law Journal> – 2013
- “The rules of identifying well-known trademark in practice” – – 2015 (4)