Ms. Kayla SUN has been studying and practicing in the intellectual property law area for many years. After joining HFL, Kayla is focusing on IP-related legal practices, including but not limited to civil infringement litigations, administrative litigations, administrative and criminal enforcement, domain name arbitration, and kinds of trademark applications, opposition, invalidation, and cancellation. Kayla has handled a variety of comprehensive IP litigation cases, some of which were awarded “Classic IP case” or “Top IP case”. Kayla also has helped many brands to be recognized as “Well-known” trademarks for the clients and acquired high recognition from the clients. Meanwhile, Kayla has extensive experience in providing comprehensive strategic advice on IP rights acquisition and maintenance.
Kayla has represented clients in a variety of industries including Internet, food and beverage, coating, cosmetics, apparel, etc. Kayla provides services for clients including but not limited to Amazon, HENNESSY, 3M, Diageo, TWE Group, Akzo Nobel, Amore Pacific, and Cartelo. Kayla has also provided IP advice to domestic medium-sized and developing enterprises, fully escorting the development of clients.
2022 – Current: Partner, HongFangLaw
2015 – 2022: HongFangLaw, Attorney at Law
2015: Paralegal in HFG Law & IP Practise, Shanghai
2012 – 2015: Master of Intellectual Property Law, East China University of Political Science and Law
2008 – 2012: Bachelor of Law, Qufu Normal University
- Represented HENNESSY, filed a copyright infringement litigation, in which the client’s “Parais Bottle” has been recognized as a work of applied art and obtained a maximum legal compensation at RMB 500,000. This case is rewarded as “Top 10 IP Cases by Guangdong Higher People’s Court in 2020” and “QBPC 2020-2021 Annual Top Ten Cases in IP Protection”;
- Represented 3M, cooperated with PSB and MSA all around China for the identification of counterfeit 3M respirator products During the COVID-19 pandemic. The Criminal Conviction against Zhenjiang Huaye Auto Accessories Co., Ltd, Danyang Fengyi Plastic Products Co., Ltd, JIANG Qihua, etc. is rewarded as “50 Typical Intellectual Property Cases Tried by Chinese Courts in 2020 (the Supreme People’s Court)”
- Represented Amore Pacific for many trademark infringement litigations. In “兰芝水库” case, the client’s “兰芝/Laneige” trademarks have been recognized as well-known trademarks by Shanghai IP Court; and in “悦诗风吟/Innisfree” branded razor case, the client’s “悦诗风吟/Innisfree” trademarks have been recognized as well-known trademarks by Fuzhou Intermediate People’s Court.
- Represented TWE for many trademark infringement litigations, among which the client’s “奔富” trademark has been recognized as an unregistered well-known trademark by Fuzhou Intermediate People’s Court and Xiamen Intermediate People’s Court.
- Represented Diageo for administrative litigation and civil litigation regarding the “Black & White” brand, and solve all related disputes via successful and comprehensive negotiation.
- Handled the rejection review of trademark “發育寶-S”, which is awarded a “2016-2017 Excellent Case Award”.
- Represented Zi Yun Technology to fight against the trademark squatters， and obtain the 锱云 mark registration successfully.