Mr. Bob Zhang has been studying and practicing in the intellectual property law area for more than ten years. Before joining Hong Fang Law, Mr. Zhang was working in a leading IP law firm. After joining HFL, Mr. Zhang is focusing on IP-related administrative, civil, and criminal litigations as well as domain name dispute settlement. Mr. Zhang is also specialized in IP prosecution matters, such as trademark application, search, renewal, transfer, license and trademark opposition, invalidation, refusal appeal.
Mr. Bob Zhang has extensive experience in providing strategic advice on matters involving IP rights acquisition and maintenance. Mr. Zhang has handled a variety of comprehensive IP litigation cases, during which he has acquired the clients’ recognition.
Mr. Bob Zhang has represented clients in a variety of industries including TMT, cosmetics, catering, publication, chemistry, sports, food and beverage as well as education. His clients include but not limited to Amazon, Diageo, TWE Group, Amore Pacific, Bilibili, Oriental Pearl Group, WHM Group, Moonton, Alisports, Shanghai Data Exchange Corp., and Gymboglobal. Mr. Zhang has also provided advice to clients involving culture, media, and the entertainment industry. He possesses Performance Agent Qualification of PRC and keeps providing contract draft, review, and daily legal advice to artist studios.
2022 – Current: Partner, HongFangLaw
2015 – 2022: Associate, Hong Fang Law
2015: IP Consultant, HFG Intellectual Property Consulting Firm
2012 – 2015: Master Degree in IP Law, East China University of Political Science and Law
2007 – 2011: Bachelor Degree in IP Law, East China University of Political Science and Law
2013: P.R.C. Bar
- Represented SOUTHCORP BRANDS PTY LIMITED, a subsidiary of TWE Group in the trademark infringement case, under which the client’s “奔富” trademark has been recognized as an unregistered well-known trademark. The court has ruled the liquate damage with an amount of RMB 1.1 million against the trademark infringer. This case is rewarded as “Top 50 IP Cases by the Supreme People’s Court in 2020”, “Top 10 IP Cases by Jiangsu High People’s Court in 2020”, “Top 10 Cases by Nanjing Court in 2020”, “TOP 10 IP Cases by Nanjing Court in 2019” and “Top 10 Cases in IP protection and The model cases Bridging Administrative and Judicial IP enforcement by QBPC in 2019-2020”;
- Represented an artist studio to file trademark opposition against the trademark squatting of the name of the client’s well-known publication “猫力乱步”, which has been regarded as one of the typical trademark prosecution cases in 2018;
- Represented the author of a well-known online video to claim copyright infringement against Youku, Toodou, and Momo, for which the second instance court has ruled a decision in favor of the client. This case is rewarded as Top 10 Cultural and Entertainment Law Events in China 2020;
- Represented Diageo to handle trademark infringement cases and non-use cancellation appeal of its three-dimensional mark;
- Represented Diageo to handle trademark invalidation administrative case, in which the client’s “JohnnieWalker” trademark has been recognized as a well-known trademark;
- Assisted Amore Pacific in handling trademark dispute cases, under which the client’s “爱丽” has been recognized as the distinctive name of a well-known product;
- Advised Shanghai Data Exchange Corp. in the trademark refusal appeal and assisted the client in acquiring trademark registrations in certain key classes;
- Represented Amazon in copyright infringement cases and enforcement cases filed by professional extortioners for fraud-fighting.