Trademarks are intangible assets but are considered extremely important and are protected by intellectual property rights.
According to the People’s Republic of China Trademark Law (2019 amendment), a trademark is used to distinguish goods and services of different sources, this commercial signs can constitute of text, graphics, letters, numbers, three-dimensional marks, color combinations, and sound, as well as a combination of these elements.
The Trademark Office oversees granting and protecting, in accordance with the law, exclusive rights to the trademark owner of its registered trademarks. The owner must obtain trademark rights in China and apply for the correct trademark registration procedures and be wary of the implementation of the principle of the prior application. China adopted the International Classification for Trademarks so that a trademark registered goods and services can be registered in 45 different categories. Trademark registration, from the date of approval, are protected for a period of 10 years, after the expiration, they can be renewed an unlimited number of times.
The People’s Republic of China Trademark Law was promulgated and adopted on August 23, 1982, and came into force on March 1, 1983. Since the implementation of the Trademark Law, four modifications have been carried out. The first modification was implemented on July 1, 1993, the second revision is in vigor since December 1, 2001, the third revision came into effect since May 1, 2014, and the fourth amendment will come into force on November 1st, 2019.
The Trademark Office of National Intellectual Property Administration oversees the national trademark registration and management, as well as for trademark dispute and trademark modification, transfer, renewal, fill permits, cancellation, and other related matters.
We have an experienced team with years’ practice on trademark matters, committing to providing our clients with comprehensive services in the field of trademarks.
Our service scope covers trademark monitoring, retrieval, registration, and administrative litigation and other dispute resolution; we can provide our clients with comprehensive intellectual property services.
- Trademark Filing / Registration [Poa & Explanatory Notes]
- Opposition against pending trademark [Poa & Explanatory Notes]
- Cancellation/Invalidation against registered trademark [Poa & Explanatory Notes]
- Review against the refusal of trademark application [Poa & Explanatory Notes]
- Recordation of the trademark assignment [Poa & Explanatory Notes]
- Recordation of name and/or address change [Poa & Explanatory Notes]
- Renewal of Trademark [Poa & Explanatory Notes]
- Recordation of the trademark license contract [Poa & Explanatory Notes]
- Cancellation based on three continues years’ non-use [Poa & Explanatory Notes]
- Trademark License & Assignment Negotiation [Poa & Explanatory Notes]
We have handled with many cases for our clients, litigation and non-litigation, and contentious matters, and we always keep our commitment to our clients to maximize their interest by serving them in the below ways:
- Form a dedicated team
- Responsive & Value-added communications
- Transparent, sharing, and mutual learning
- Strict compliance