PROFILE AND MAJOR PRACTICE AREA AT FIRM
Mr. Zhang Xu has been practicing in China for twenty years since the mid-1990s, and decided to devote himself mainly to the intellectual property practice. After a few years of working at one of the leading Chinese IP firms, he joined Rouse to extend his experience and acquire sights that are more international. Later in 2003, Zhang Xu founded his own law firm, along with other partners, to continue his legal practice mainly in the field of intellectual property rights. In the past twenty years, Zhang Xu has handled thousands of cases, covering but not limited to the area of IP rights acquisitions (trademark, copyright, patents and domain names, etc.), non-litigation dispute resolution through administrative approaches and negotiations and administrative litigation. In addition, he covers civil litigation for trademark infringement, unfair competition, copyright infringement, criminal prosecution on anti-counterfeiting matters, and negotiations on IP rights transaction.
With his profound knowledge and experience, Zhang Xu has helped brand owners to successfully secure the “Well-known Trademark Status Recognition” both through judicial procedure and administrative procedures. Many cases handled by Zhang Xu have been awarded “Best Practice” by various authorities and associations.
Zhang Xu is active in participating in seminars and forums with representatives from various government organizations and authorities, to exchange his opinions and insights on how to practice law to maximize the protection on IP rights owners, efficiently and effectively. With fluent communication capability in both Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) and English, Zhang Xu cooperates mostly with the reputable MNCs and listed companies in various industries.
2015 – Current: Founding partner of HongFangLaw, Guangzhou,
2003 – 2015: Founding partner of HFG Law & Intellectual Property, Guangzhou
1999 – 2003: Rouse & Co., International, Guangzhou
1996 – 1999: A Chinese IP firm, Guangzhou
2001: China Europe International Business School, Shanghai, EMBA
1998: People’s Republic of China Bar admission
1997: Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, B.A., Accounting
1996: Public Accountant certification
EXCELLENT CASE PRACTICE
- Lubricant anti-counterfeiting campaign. Achieved Zhejiang Province’s “2016 Yun Jian Action”; Ministry of Public Security’s Applause; No. 1 case on Alibaba’s 2016 IPR cases list.
- An evidence-based approach. WIPR INTA Annual Edition.Zhang Xu
- A look at Chinese legislative trend from the perspective of patent law.Zhang Xu, Jessica Li [Eng]
- Stopping Infringing goods at the border: A double-edged sword.Nikita Xue,Zhang Xu[Eng]
- Fighting counterfeits online.Zhang Xu[Eng]
- All change: A big year for IP legislation. Eric Su, Zhang Xu [Eng]
- Annual Overview: Major developments in 2012.Eric Su, Zhang Xu [Eng]